Saturday, September 6, 2008

Huge Win!!

Friday night, I played in one of the biggest games of my life.  Although we are a Division 1 program, we mostly play smaller D1 teams.  Last year, our "big" game was against USC . . . lets just say it didn't turn out so great.  Last season's record wasn't so great either.

But hey, it's a new season, which means a new beginning! This weekend we're playing in a tournament at the Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland.  I must admit, before the game on friday I was pretty nervous because we were about to play the Navy.  I'm pretty sure most people thought that we wouldn't have a chance of winning the game.  I knew that our team could play with those girls though. And guess what . . . WE WON!  With five minutes left in the game, a freshman on our team scored a goal, and we ended up winning 1-0.  I must say, it was one of the most exciting feelings I've had in my time here at Winthrop.  We showed everyone that we're a great team, and we can beat big time schools!  With that big win under our belts, hopefully we can keep the wins coming all season, and bring in a Big South championship!

2 comments:

ace2311 said...

Congrats on winning the game!!! It's always nice to win a big game; I remember the feeling when I used to play softball. Congratulations again.

SaM-1 said...

Congrats on your win!
I wish you and the team good luck for the remainder of the season!