Tuesday, September 2, 2008


Chad's New Name



chad_johnson.jpg

According to ESPN.com, Chad Johnson has legally changed his name to Ocho Cinco.

I was at the game when Chad, or shall I say Ocho Cinco, ran out onto the field displaying his new nickname on the back of his jersey for the whole world to see.  

I must admit that it's one of the best and well known nicknames around, but it seems pretty crazy to legally change your name to the spanish version of a jersey number.

But hey, it's Ocho Cinco... the flashy Cincinnati Bengals star that will go as far as he can to get his name out there in the media -  entertaining touchdown celebrations, speaking his mind without hesitation, the famous gold "grill" . . . and now a legal name change?

Has he gone too far?

2 comments:

Sarah MacDonald said...

I'm going to go ahead and say "Yes". Mr. Ocho Cinco has taken it a little far in my opinion. Honestly, I see the whole situation as pretty hilarious, but I must say that I admire his confidence. hahaha...

SaM-1 said...

Man.. I'm mad I didn't think of doing that myself. My high school jerseys would have read Dos Cuatro! But seriously, he didn't have to do that. It was uncalled for!